Thursday, August 27, 2009

Do we truly love??

Hey guys... Something just suddenly popped into my head. And I so want to talk about it haha..

So what is true love really?

I’ve been hearing a lot, or seeing a lot especially from the adolescent lovey dovey, and the like. “true love stays, superficial love doesn’t”

But really? Do we really know what true love is??

Yeah it is true “true love does stay”.

What I learned is, true love is unconditional love. Love for better or for worse.

A Love that forgets self, and is only interested in the good for the other.

So when we say those three little words “I love you”, do we really mean it?

I pray that we do.

I guess I am slowly learning love’s true meaning. I guess now, I can truly say, I love my family and I totally accept them as they are.

I guess that is where you learn to love unconditionally, your family. For better or for worse. =)

I now realize that whatever I thought of love was before, it wasn’t love. Those were the days huh... Boy girl relationships. Those were just nice feelings of love, but it didn’t mean I truly loved the other.

We really have to be brutally honest with ourselves. What are we really looking for?

Affirmation? To feel good? To be “in” because your friends are in a relationship too?

I guess maturity comes with time, and evaluated experience and the will to keep on learning and to keep growing, and always seeking wisdom.

I read from a book by John Powell, that the real acid test to real love. Have we truly forgotten ourselves?

Since true love is only interested in the good for the other. Or is it all about you? In this part we really have to be brutally honest to ourselves, since we have the capacity to actually lie to ourselves. I know I have done that too many times.

Yeah so just to conclude. True love only seeks the good for the other.

1 comment:

  1. hi gab,
    i got the blog's link from your fb.
    this post impressed me :)
    somehow inspiring as well,
    perhaps it's high time to set my own priorities and goals in life xD

    i'll put your link in mine, if you don't mind.
    mine is: http://claraoktarina.blogspot.com

    cheers! x)
    clara

    ReplyDelete