Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 1 - Humbling time

What a day...

Learned a lot about myself during the workshop. Funny I'm suppose to learn more about singing and song writing. But yeah of course I did learn.
The most distinct thing that I actually learned was how much of a perfectionist I was.

Yeah... Pretty tough one. How I would actually see myself as one of the greats. hahah... I'm serious. Well, I didn't actually admit it. But I somehow would start to expect. Even though I would tell myself, no, I'm just going to have fun and learn and that's it.

Phewh... Saw many, many great singers, especially the young kids, 13-15 years of age, and I'm sure, very, very sure that you'd be astounded by how good they were, at such a young age, they're pretty much like divas. Man.... I really salute to their talent.
I'm sure they will go far.

That was such a humbling experience. And yeah, I did sing in front of like 40+ people, and wasn't prepared for it. Whoo... Haha... First time I've ever done that. Well, every single person had to do it anyway haha...
I really congratulate myself for that though. And I'm sure that experience added to my confidence in myself.

The other thing that I learned was that, to be great in the music industry. You gotta be you, because there will only be one you, your uniqueness, and nobody else can be you.

David Jaanz, one of the directors of the Dream Inc. workshop said that, many people in the music industry try to be somebody else, like they try to BE Beyonce, and all the other great stars. And how they become superstars, it's because of they're own personality, they got the edge.

Well, I got two more days of the workshop. I'm really enjoying it though.
I know I will learn a lot more during these next two days.
I guess this time with a little bit more different mindset.

Just go with the flow, have fun, and let whatever will change me, change me.
I guess I had to actually experience being humbled to actually get rid of my perfectionism in me. I wouldn't say it's totally gone. But yeah... Just go with the flow and find my own 'flow'.

Looking forward to tomorrow and the next.

God be with me. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment