Friday, September 11, 2009

Life is like learning how to ride a bicycle...

Another thing came into my mind after going through a phase of "I don't care
what people think of me."

I've realized something. Yeah it's true that it's none of my business what people think of me.
But I learned something out of this phase.

I learned that life is like learning to ride a bicycle.

Picture a little boy, who's got a new bicycle from his dad.
Excited, he goes to the park together with dad to try his new ultimate bike.
Still wobbling, trying hard to get it right, while his dad looks on him with a smile, and from time to time holds on to the bicycle to guide him.
And still wobbling, finding it hard to steer his new bicycle, and then suddenly falls...
His dad would come rushing to comfort him, and to encourage him again.

I learned life's like that. It's like learning to ride a bicycle.
We would wobble left and right whenever we learn new things.
We would fall sometimes. But so what?
It doesn't mean we stop riding the bicycle, it's just too fun not to keep going... Well I was like that.
I've had some pretty bad falls.
The worst one was when I was racing with my friend and he was ahead, I accidentally twisted the steering thingy, whatever you call that. haha...
Then I fell face first... Ouch... haha. Tasted the salty and warm road.
Mind you I was going pretty fast. Man... I was called Rudolf the red nose reindeer for sometime haha...

Here's another one. My friend and I were racing again, this time I was ahead, but I had to stop at the side cuz a car was passing by. My friend who was really going fast couldn't stop and hit an island beside me, and he flew forward more than 2 meters, and splashed into the black gutters!

Man I saw it as if it happened in slow motion! Superman! hahaha...
That was the craziest thing I've seen. haha...
I was laughing and asked him if he was okay, but he was angry haha... But it's all good.

Yeah bad falls...But we've never stopped riding a bicycle.

In life we make mistakes. It's alright. We learn from them.
And God, our dad looks on us with a smile, while we learn, while we are being perfected.
No one's perfect while we're here on earth. You can only reach perfection, once your in heaven.

How will you know you can ride a bicycle if you don't even try. Same goes with anything in life.

Well, my main point is it doesn't matter if you make mistakes. God looks on and lovingly smiles at us as we go on through life learning. Just like the little boy learning how to ride a bicycle as his dad looks on and lovingly smiles at him.

Here's an excerpt from John Powell's book "The secret of staying in love."

"The tension resulting from problems and pain is part of the whole piece. It usually directs our attention to a growing edge of life, a territory for expansion. For myself, I do not regret the problems or pain in my past life, but only the apathy, the moments when I was not 'fully alive'"

Yeah, so just have fun as we go through life.
And we'll look back and laugh, reminiscing, good old times, as we grow so much bigger than our problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment