Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 2 - Awesome time haha...

What a day...

Workshop was great.

Today I learned how to write songs, and learned a lot about Jazz.

It was really, really great. This time I went all out during the great 'S curve' warm up with David Jaanz. Just all out. Learned how to sing with emotion, how to sing from the heart. It's just so liberating, just really amazing.

I look forward to tomorrow's workshop. It's the last, so I'm just going to have even more fun than ever.

Giving it one more day, to find out if singing is really my passion. I'm starting to get clues though.

Yeah the other highlight of the day, I met Brooke Fraser! hahah...
Great person. Found out she was a talkative, bubbly person haha... It was cool meeting her.

If you don't know who she is, she's a top artist of NewZealand, and she's part of the Hillsong band. She composed several songs, but my favorite would be Hosanna.

Today I had to perform as well. This time I sang No boundaries, sung by Kris Allen, for 3o seconds. Didn't get to the chorus though haha...
It's alright, the main thing is I did it! yeah... Building my confidence by just getting up there and just sing in front of the 40+ people. hahah...

And again, many, many great singers I cant compare myself to. Goshh.... Who cares though, I'm finding my own 'flow' haha... The main thing is that I love to sing, and I'm just going to do it because I love it.

Somehow I felt a tinge of sadness though... I guess it's because I knew I could do better.
It's alright, I got tomorrow, and I'm just gonna enjoy and do my best.
This time I'll be singing my composed song, wont tell you what it is hehehehe.....
Only for the eyes and the ears of the Australians at the workshop haha!

Hmm... What else did I learn. Oh yeah. I don't care what people think I sound like, and I'm just gonna do what I love to do, and improve on it every time.

Looking forward to the last, and the best workshop.

God be with me. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment